A very weighty question being put forward by the Arsenal fans – “Can Arsenal really secure the league title by the end of the season?”
There is no doubt that Arsenal have already started asserting its superiority over the title as they are holding the third rank in the league table. The Gunners are presently in a tip-top form, losing just 2 of the 10 league games.
Arsène Wenger is surely walking on air at this moment, seeing his team perform so well. But, the Spaniard, Santi Carzola is still dealing with his knee injury. Pundits such as Thierry Henry and Ian Wright are claiming that the Gunners WILL win the Premier League this season.
A very lucid analysis might reveal the factors that why Arsenal can finish as the Champions, trouncing Manchester City, United and Chelsea.
- IN-FORM DEFENSE – After 23 matches in the league, Arsenal have conceded only 22 goals, the third least after the Red Devils and Tottenham. Not only Petr Cech should be appreciated but the whole back-line should be.
Youngsters like Hector Bellerín are not only defending superbly but also assisting players in the front line, thereby underlining his importance once more. Koscielny and Monreal are also nursing the defense.
- IN-FORM ATTACK – After eliminating all the big names from the team list, only Theo Walcott and Olivier Giroud are the two eminent forwards left out, and so far both of them have been absolutely stunning!
Olivier Giroud has already popped up 12 goals in the Premier League and much more is still waiting for him! The duo performed well enough to uplift their team in the absence of the Chilean playmaker, Alexis Sanchez.
On the other hand, the German star, Mesut Özil is performing as if he is a one-man-army. He fits perfectly in any midfield position and is busy establishing himself as one the legends of Arsenal. He has already assisted 16 times, holding the topmost position in the assist table.
He is doing well to hold the midfield in the absence of Santi Carzola. He is being facilitated by Aaron Ramsey, another in-form player.
- THE GUNNERS HAVE SIGNED A VERY FEW- But, United and Manchester City have signed too many. This might be one of the crucial reasons that might lead Arsenal to glory this year.
LVG had signed Bastian Schweinsteiger, Anthony Martial, Memphis Depay, Morgan Schneiderlin and 3 others in the summer transfer window, but none of them could shine.
Definitely, they will lack the willingness and budget to sign any other player in the winter transfer window. This will surely pave a way for the Gunners to sign the best in-form players from all around the globe.
- SIGNING PETR CECH – Arsène Wenger did not sign a single outfield player in the summer transfer window, their only signing was Petr Cech, the 33-year-old shot stopper. Many Arsenal fans recognized it as a gamble, but it seems as if the gamble has really paid off. Petr Cech has kept 10 league clean sheets this far, evenly matched with Joe Hart.
- THE ARCH RIVAL: SURRENDURING – It is pretty much clear that Chelsea, who were sure to defend their title this season, are now recognizing the title defense as a dream. They have already put their hands up and the Red Devils are busy solving their own managerial problem. It will surely carve the way somewhat easy for the North-London Giants.
A FAN’S HOPE
I am not an ardent Arsenal fan but being a sincere follower of the Barclays Premier League, I really want Arsenal to break their 12-year-drought and lift the league title once more. They might not be the favorites for the Champions League, but at least, they can manage to win the Premier League.
Image credit: getty, Squawka