Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford will complete his move to Middlesbrough today, according to the Daily Mirror.
The Premier League strugglers have agreed a deal with the Blues that could be worth up to £10m.
It’s understood Boro will cough up an initial £6m but add-ons could see the fee rocket.
Reports claim that he is expected to sign a three-year deal. Bamford, 23, will hope to recapture his best form after a frustrating 18 months.
Bamford's move to @Boro could reach £10m. This graphic shows what 10 million pounds could buy you over the years: https://t.co/CSJ5UhnfJ5 pic.twitter.com/BjIqY8Mj0w
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) January 16, 2017
He enjoyed a hugely-successful 2014/15 season on loan at Boro, bagging 17 league goals as he was named the Championship player of the year.
But his career has since stalled, failing to score in the Premier League during spells at Crystal Palace, Norwich and Burnley.
Chelsea recalled Bamford from his disappointing loan spell at Turf Moor, where he managed just 33 minutes on the pitch, at the weekend to push through his permanent exit.
Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka was always keen on bringing Bamford back to Turf Moor.
He had earlier said: “I’ve always said that, when Patrick left, I told him that the door is always open to him.”
Face of Football’s take
Bamford joins a long list of players who have moved to a bigger team after a great season in lower league and then hit a stumbling block.
After his 17-goal season, he was expected to be the next big thing in English football, however, 18 months on, he is having to move back to the club where it all started to flourish for the striker.